Orbis Quattro is a preamp|/mixer/fx pedal, designed especially designed especially for handpans and tongue drums. But we tested it with dozen of other instruments, such as guitars, bass guitars, violin and other and it works perfect with most of acoustic instruments.
So, what is the Orbis Quattro and what are its main features?
First of all, this is a four-channel preamplifier with a stereo output. In other words, you can use from 1 to 4 sound sources, which can be output to one (mono) or two (stereo) channel. This function can be very useful in the following cases:
• when amplifying Handpans and Tongue drums - using Orbis Mage sensors, you can get the desired sound by varying the number of sensors from 1 to 4. The more pickups, the smoother and better the sound can be reached. Moreover, you can adjust the volume level of each channel, which will allow you to emphasize certain notes on your instrument.
• for playing multiple instruments at the same time. You can connect, for example, several guitars, handpans, tongue drums and other instruments at the same time to the Orbis Quattro. And the sound can be fed to one amplifier with a mono input, or to two different amplifying devices, or to different inputs of a sound card, etc. That is, the effects pedal Orbis Quattro acts not only as a preamplifier, but also as a miniature mixer
• For groups of percussion instruments
Orbis Quattro has on board several effects that are vital for successful music making (and also qualitative recording):
• The 3-band active equalizer is tuned in such a way that you can get the desired timbral color on almost any musical instrument. By adjusting the Bass, Middle and Treble knobs, you can add / cut low, mid and high frequencies accordingly, introducing the necessary warmth and transparency into the sound. Perhaps the most important thing is to configure Middle - with it you can set the most realistic sound of your instrument. Or, on the contrary, give it more expressiveness and emphasize its sound in the mix.
• Two reverb modules-each Orbis Quattro output has a high-quality reverb that can give your sound a wide variety of tones-from a light echo to an ambient effect.
• 4 inputs (2 stereo inputs) with the ability to adjust each channel separately
• Two outputs allow you to amplify the musical instruments the way you want
• The electronics of Orbis Quattro (equalizer and effects) is designed with a wide range of frequencies, which makes it possible to use it with various musical instruments. It is relevant for handpans that have both low-key basic notes, but very high overtone can be present in their spectrum.
• 9 control knobs and 2 buttons allow flexible adjustment of the instrument. At the same time, the interface of Orbis Quattro is intuitive
• 4-channel preamp (preamp) / mixer / effect pedal
• Adjustable volumes levels of each channel
• three-band active equalizer
• reverb effect (separate reverb module for every two channels)
Orbis Mage is an active pickup designed specifically for instruments such as Handpans and Pantams, as well as for most kinds of steel tongue drums instruments. Orbis Mage is designed to amplify and record musical instruments. Working with a pickup is simple and intuitive. For the amplifying of handpan and tongue drums, one, two, three, or four pickups can be used at the same time, depending on the size of the instrument, its sound, and your goals. It is recommended to use the Orbis Quattro effects pedal in combination with the pedal, which was developed specifically for this purpose. The Orbis Quattro effects pedal allows simultaneous use of 1 to 4 Orbis Mage pickups. However, Orbis Mage pickups can also be used with other devices - directly plugged in a mixer, amplifier, combo or processors / effect pedals.
Main characteristics and features of Orbis Mage handpan pickup:
• Active pickups - this means that the sound reproduced by such sensors is cleaner, stronger. The pickup has a built-in battery that lasts a long time. The battery is easily replaced, just unscrew the cartridge cover.
• No "microphone effect" - the sensors are not activated during the playing
• Ease of use and versatility - the sensors have a built-in magnet, which allows them to be used with the vast majority of handpans and tongue drums.
• Flexible sound adjustment - the pickup can be fixed anywhere in your instrument, so you can adjust the sound by placing the pickups on different sections of your handpan or tongue drum